John 8:31-32 Jesus said... "if you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the Truth, and the truth will SET YOU FREE."
When we experience HEALTH CRISIS, or MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS... it is essential to go to God.
What is the root cause of these problems, what is God teaching through these experiences.
The SERENITY PRAYER is a prayer used in Recovery Groups...and it can be very good.
God grant me Serenity to accept the things I cannot control,
COURAGE to change the things I can ...
and wisdom to know the difference.
Don't Give Up! It can be helpful to journal about key areas in your lifestyle to find the connections and patterns. Some key areas that can shed light on the problems :
- Sleep Hygiene - the pattern of behavior surrounding bedtime, the routines and habits that can enhance the biological rhythm and create balance, help dream quality, and physical restoration.
- Nutrition - the pattern of behavior surrounding mealtime, including rituals and habits that can lead to healthy choices, including food education, mindfulness, and gratitude. Nutrition also involves access to whole, real, unprocessed food items FEED YOUR BRAIN , Cooking Classes
- Community being a part of the community that really allows you to reach your potential . Where do you get your support from. How are you contributing to a community. Wellness Retreats
- Movement - moving the body every day, could be recreational or sports oriented, could be meditative or simply stretching...which can improve breathing, mobility, and energy levels
- Relaxation & Recreation- activities that allow the brain to have a break, and allows the body to let go of stress, create enjoyable memories and experiences
- Medication Management - tips and techniques that can make a big difference, information that is crucial to know, and resources. The right to take and the right to ask questions, the right to request less medication and alternatives- and things that can help make this a safe process for the individual.
- Spiritual Discipline - finding peace & safety within God.